Sunday, April 24, 2011

Two years later...

OK! So I haven't updated my blog for 2 years?! Crazy. I'd enjoy getting back in the saddle of writing and reliving events, so here goes...now I just have to get people to care enough to read. Oh, well. Really, and let's be honest, this is for myself (and Geneva, my only follower)

In the past two years, I have completed my THESIS and MASTER'S degree. Score. I will be walking down that campanile once again in a month. This time, however, I shall skip the entrance into the stadium to listen to people tell me about the future, and real life. Been there before. Living it currently. How's about I walk down the hill, and to my brother's house down the street to be surrounded with loving friends and beer? Can I get a hell yeah? ::waits for the "hell yeah" reponse:: Fantastic!

Dearest world, I embark upon my first summer of complete freedom since my youth. I expect to fill it with the following responsibilities:
1) Make my garden so money
2) Visit the Aquatic Center, lie out in the sun, read books and possibly receive skin cancer.
3) Get on an airplane at least twice to visit friends scattered throughout the country.
4) Figure out what in the hell I'm doing with the 9th graders next year.
5) Victor Continental Show (July 22nd and 23rd)

This sounds like a great way to spend the two months I so dearly require to be refreshed and have my proverbial "CUP" filled.

As I head into my last month of choral work, I leave you with the secret to life I have discovered this year: Do what makes you happy. Even if you let people down every once in awhile, or can't really afford it. We all need to spend more time doing the things in life that fill our hearts, make us smile, and make our doggies wag their little tails.

1 comment:

  1. At last! ;). Congratulations on your accomplishments and on your impending free time. What's next?

    ReplyDelete